For further information about the processing carried out within the scope of the activities of Votorantim, please contact the DPO at Votorantim.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Personal data we process
Votorantim may collect your information at various moments and in different manners in this Site, as described below:
- Information provided directly by the User: Name, address, e-mail, telephone, company and country.
- Access records and other automatized information. Votorantim may collect and store some information it automatically receives every time the User interacts with the Site. Internet Protocol (IP), the kind of browser, as well as dates and times of the User’s interactions with the platforms, are a few examples of this collection.
For which purposes do we collect your data?
The personal data of the Users, according to each case, are processed by Votorantim for the following purposes:
- To provide high effectiveness while rendering its services and adequate support for the performance of its corporate purpose;
- To adjust the appearance and the content to the preferences of the users, in order to provide them with faster, more pleasant and effective access.
- To authenticate accesses;
- To seek adequate security for the services offered and means of identification in the event of inappropriate or illegal use;
- To solve problems and prepare notifications related to the use of the sites, platforms and Internet applications of Votorantim S.A.;
- To disclose promotional actions on the sites, platforms and Internet applications of Votorantim or other Votorantim initiatives, always providing means for the user to cancel the receipt of promotional e-mails (opt out);
- To disclose promotional actions of partner companies that adopt similar privacy protection measures to those of the present policy, through the User’s prior consent;
- To obtain statistical information;
- To provide and improve the customer service to Data Subject, which may involve registration of a new password on the Site, generation and issuance of invoices, complaints, questions about fees, information about claims, reimbursements etc.;
- To improve the services and/or functionalities of the Site and the platforms of Votorantim.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Votorantim may share your personal data with third parties, business partners, companies from the same economic group as Votorantim or companies controlled by Votorantim which are relevant to enable the use of the Site and other Platforms by the Users or to enable the provision of services to the Client. Such sharing occurs based on the following criteria and for the purposes described below:
- Service providers or business partners: We may share your personal data with service providers hired by Votorantim to (a) provide operational management software or other information technologies for management and registration of Clients. Such agents receive your personal data with the specific purpose of providing services to Votorantim and do not have any rights to use your data with exception of this hypothesis.
- Request from a competent authority: Votorantim may also share your personal data with third parties (including government agencies) in order to answer to investigations, judicial measures, judicial proceedings, or to investigate, prevent or adopt measures related to illegal activities, suspected fraud or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or if otherwise required by legislation.
- New businesses: If Votorantim is involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of all or part of its assets, your personal data may be transferred to the acquiring company or person. In circumstances in which the identity of the controller of your personal data changes as a result of any transaction, you will be notified of any choices you may have in respect of your personal data.
For how long will we keep your personal data?
We store and keep your information: (i) for as long as required by law; (ii) until the end of the processing of personal data, as mentioned below; or (iii) for as long as necessary to preserve the legitimate interests of Votorantim. Thus, we will process your data, for example, during the applicable statutes of limitation or for as long as necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
The processing of personal data shall end in the following cases:
- When the purpose for which the personal data of the Data Subject were collected is reached and/or the personal data collected is no longer necessary or relevant to reach such purpose;
- When the Data Subject is entitled to request the end of the processing and the deletion of his personal data, and does so; and
- When there is a legal determination in this sense
Your rights in respect of the personal data we process about you
You will have certain rights in respect of your personal data. Such rights include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving clear and complete information about the processing of your personal data, including about events in which your personal data is shared;
- Requesting the access to your personal data and/or the confirmation of the existence of data processing;
- Requesting that we rectify any inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated personal data;
- Opposing to the processing activities, requesting the anonymization and elimination of personal data, in specific circumstances;
- Requesting the portability of your personal data;
- Revoking consent at any time, when Votorantim processes your personal data based on your consent; and
- Requesting the revision of automated decisions that may affect your interests.
You may exercise such rights by contacting the DPO or on the Site.
Safety, guarantees and precautions using the Site
We are committed to delivering a safe and reliable Site for you, and guarantee we take the necessary measures to provide a better experience in this sense.
The Site is a safe place for us to provide an environment in which any data transmission is confidential and safe. This Site uses several physical, electronic and administrative procedures to protect the confidentiality of your personal data. The access to your personal information is restricted and only the IT support team of Votorantim, its affiliates and its service providers who absolutely need to access for specific purposes are granted access to your personal data. The servers in which Votorantim stores your personal information are kept in a safe environment and protected by protected by the performance of the information security department, which guarantees ISO27001 security requirements, in addition to good market practices.
However, we note that, as with any interaction taking place on the Internet, it is not possible to guarantee a level of security which is flawless and free of all and any threats, considering the speed in which new technologies are developed. In this scenario, we are committed to use our best efforts to ensure that the Site is, as far as possible, always updated and protected from invasions and failures.
International transfer of personal data
Votorantim may internationally share your personal data with other companies in our economic group, with third parties, business partners, which are relevant to allow the rendering of services to the Users, under the terms of the applicable legislation. Such sharing may occur while using network infrastructure services and other vendors, such as cloud storage service providers. In these cases, we may share the Users’ personal data to enable and improve the provision of services offered by Votorantim. These vendors receive your information with the specific purpose of rendering services to Votorantim.
Personal data of minors
Votorantim does not intentionally collect personal data of minors under 18 through the Site. If Votorantim finds that any registration was made by a minor, this registration will be immediately and permanently canceled and removed from its data base, with or without prior notice.
Interactions with third party sites
We may provide links to other sites on the Internet. VOTORANTIM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE SITES AND CONTENTS AND DOES NOT SHARE, SUBSCRIBE, MONITOR, VALIDATE OR ACCEPT THE MANNER IN WHICH THESE SITES OR CONTENT STORAGE TOOLS COLLECT, PROCESS AND TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We recommend that the User refers to the respective privacy policies of such sites to receive adequate information about the use of his/her personal information by other sites or other tools.
Identification of the DPO
Luis Rabello is the Votorantim’s Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)
If you have any doubts, please access www.votorantim.com or contact the Officer in Charge at email@example.com